29 September 2012

My French Chocolate Chip Cookies

The Rose Bakery is one of my favorite cafes in Paris.  I even bought the recipe book which I've documented the use of here in previous posts.  I went to a bbq tonight and put some thought in to what I would take.

My cookies are always flat and chewy.  I love them but I've aspired to make thicker cookies.  I've heard all the tips and this time I actually put the effort into putting it in the refrigerator for 24 hours.  It kind of worked but they still turned out to be the best chocolate chip cookies that I've ever made.

Next time though I'll make it with better chocolate and add a little more salt.



Chocolate Chip Biscuits

They use 70 per cent cocoa solids.

Makes about 25 biscuits.
1 cup unsalted butter, softened
Generous 1 cup sugar
1 teaspoon natural vanilla extract
2 eggs
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
Generous 2 1/3 cups plain all-purpose flour, sifted, plus extra for dusting
9 ounces chopped chocolate

Beat the butter with the sugar till light and fluffy, then add the vanilla extract.

Add the eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition.

Mix together the salt and baking soda, and fold into the mixture with the flour.

Finally fold in the chocolate and mix till smooth.

On a lightly floured surface, roll the dough out into a log shape 1 1/2 inches wide, and chill in the fridge for about 2 hours until hard.

Preheat the oven to 350 F.

Butter the baking tray and line it with parchment paper.

Cut the dough into 1/4 inch slices and place them well apart on the prepared tray.

Bake for about 10 minutes or until lightly golden.

Try not to eat all of them immediately.


No comments:

Post a Comment