29 December 2013

Meadowlark's Winter Walk of Lights

May told me about a light display at Meadowlark, a small botanical garden in Northern VA, and I thought it would be a fun way to see lights.  I really miss driving through neighborhoods decorated with lights and an occasional tacky blown up Santa.  A group of us bought tickets and went over after work a couple of weeks ago.

We walked through and soon realized it was something that was more for kids but it was nice to see all of the effort that was put into it.





I was so happy at the end of the walk to see a giant pit for roasting marshmallows and warming up.  I really miss having a fireplace these days.


It was even more lovely to find an unexpected package from Allison full of one of my favorite candies.  It's a gift to be thought about and loved.



No comments:

Post a Comment