04 December 2013

Jenica's Frenchified Birthday

Jenica was a Thanksgiving baby this year.  We celebrated on the Saturday before so she knew it wasn't only family members that loved her.

When I asked her what she wanted, she said raclette so I built up a meal around the idea and lots of friend pitched in with the food.  Raclette involves that little machine in the middle which melts raclette cheese and then it is poured on a variety of foods like broccoli, zucchini, roasted potatoes, meat and bread.


She wanted a citrus/chocolate cake so I found this orange chocolate chunk recipe on Smitten and it was incredible.  Lots and lots of chocolate ganache.


Debbie and I put up the signage and lights and we scattered candles around the rooms.



What it looks like to have cheese on my food.



A small sample of the attendees.  I forgot to document all the folks around me.


Of course there is a photo of Jenica posing with food.

Today:  Tell or show someone how you feel about them.

No comments:

Post a Comment