19 April 2012

Sir Cecil Walter Hardy Beaton

Right by the Conservatory Garden is the Museum of the City of New York which is also on my list of "must see" in NYC.  I'm so glad I went before the exhibit on Cecil Beaton closed.  He photographed all the beautiful people between the years of 1920 - 1970.  And said all the wittiest things.  The exhibit itself is wonderful - small but beautifully done.  It covers his accomplishments and maintains interest.


Cecil was British but he spent his time between New York and London.  He knew all the coolest people like Truman Capote, Diana Vreeland and Wallis Simpson.




Cecil designed costumes for various operas and ballets and even the clothes for the film My Fair Lady.





He was a photographer for Vogue and this photo is gorgeous.


He took pictures of all the coolest people like Marlon Brando, Greta Garbo and Audrey Hepburn.  



May be my favorite quote of the exhibit.


Sir Beaton himself.

No comments:

Post a Comment