11 April 2012

Easter Sunday

It was Ben's last day in NYC and we prepared for more adventuring by eating pancakes at Bubby's in Tribeca.  I've heard a lot about this place and it lived up to expectations.


My friend Chris once mentioned the Irish Hunger Memorial in Battery Park as being one of his favorite sites in NYC.  I had no idea what to expect but it was kind of amazing.  It's description says it all and the artist created an Irish landscape to represent the famine in the 19th century.




We walked toward the WTC Memorial and while I was talking to Ben about something or other, he told me to turn around and I saw all of these tulips.  New York does spring very well.


We walked through St. Paul's Church near the WTC and then boarded the 4 to go to Central Park whic was packed with people.  I saw this statue of Hans Christian Andersen that I had never seen before.  It was a miracle that I was able to take the picture without a group of people around it.  Everywhere else in the park was occupied.  It was too beautiful of a day to not be in the park.


We wandered through the Rambles and came across way too many beautiful sites.


Ben had to catch a flight so we grabbed food from Momofuku Ssam take out - pork buns, duck bun and duck sandwich - and ate it in the park near my home.  I do believe this take out option at this too-good-to-be-true restaurant is one of the best changes in the past year.  It was also a great feast to end a great weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment