13 April 2012

My Dream Dinner: The Invited

Do you ever play that game - if you could invite three people to dinner, dead or alive, who would it be?  Or what three bands - dead or alive - do you really want to see in concert?  Every once in a while I think of the latter and the answer hasn't changed in a very long time - David Bowie as Ziggy Stardust, Pink Floyd in the late 70s/early 80s and The Beatles during the White Album.  Lately though I was thinking on who I would want to have over for dinner but the people have to be living. 

David McCullough is a definite because he is extraordinarily smart and knowledgeable.  I love to be around story tellers and after seeing him at the Met, I know he can tell a very good story.  He provokes discussions and he's the type of wise sage that you want to know what he is thinking.  And he loves his job.  There is something incredible about listening to someone who loves what they do (see Bill Cunningham).  I also love history which is a love I inherited from my Dad. 


I listen to Studio 360 religiously.   The topics range from Monticello to new TV shows and I've developed a bit of a crush on the host, Kurt Andersen.  He has a radio voice and his questions are good.  His questions are not the questions a local tv reporter would ask (I mean no offense but I think you know what I mean.  It's those questions that make you cringe a little inside).  I feel like he's a good listener and would contribute much to the dinner conversation.  Just listen to any of the Studio 360 podcasts and you'll understand.

The last person was chosen because I love her TV character and I also think she is ridiculously funny.  I want to know Leslie Knope but I also want to know Amy Poehler.  I don't know who I want to know more but either is fine.  I may love Amy more because she has a red-headed baby named Archie and he is adorable.


Who are the three living people that you would invite to dinner?

No comments:

Post a Comment