21 February 2012

Better than the Frozen Hot Chocolate at Serendipity


Ice skating on Wollman Rink in Central Park on a sunny winter day is the quintessential New York experience.  I admit to wanting to come here because I saw the rink in Serendipity and probably in Love Story as well but I can't remember that movie as well.  But the experience surpasses the hollywoodized version of NYC.  The views from the ice are beautiful and I couldn't help but smile because I was ice skating in Central Park.  The crowd wasn't too overwhelming and the music was actually good - it varied from ACDC to Oasis.  Skating here was probably in my top 5 of must dos in NYC.
 

Thank goodness for friends that were willing to venture out with the crowds on President's Day.  We are all decent skaters and none of us fell.


No comments:

Post a Comment