06 October 2013

Living an FNL Life

Saturday was the most beautiful type of day in Austin with sun, breezes and no humidity.  We took full advantage of it by eating these outside.  We had to leave though once the birds above us got a little too excited.


I would be so happy if I could find tacos like these in DC.  I ate the fried avocado and green chile pork tacos and I would have eaten more if I could have.


We then drove to northern Austin to visit Amber, Johnny and the kids.  I would have happily spent all day there.

We were both excited to visit FNL sites in Austin but sad to see that the Alamo Freeze is a DQ which is also under construction.


I tried to take a photo of the Taylor's house but one of the occupants was sitting in the driveway so it turned out to be more about the inside of the car.  But I did get one of Saracen's house.  I know none of the show was real but I can still dream.


We figured out the University of Texas football game that night was in Austin so it was a given that we ended up at the box office buying tickets.  I have never seen anything like it before in my life.  Lauren and I were the only two people in the stadium of over 100,000 not wearing orange.  I feel like I got a little taste of what it would be like growing up in Texas.

We parked pretty far away from the stadium but it was worth it to see all of the tailgating.  It went on for blocks and blocks with large screen TVs set up all over the place.




This is how far up our seats were in the stadium but I got to see this view over UT campus.


I was pretty impressed with the marching band during halftime.  And the audience was as well as you can see from all of the cameras.



1 comment: