14 July 2013

belle and sebastian

I went to a few really good concerts this summer but this was my favorite.  I love seeing Belle and Sebastian so much and the crowds are so calm.  They still dance like crazy but they are all cool about it.


The tour was not to support an album but just to get the band back together after a prolonged break.  This is wonderful because it was a show of their hits.


Judy is a Dick Slap
I'm A Cuckoo
Another Sunny Day
The Stars of Track and Field
Expectations
To Be Myself Completely
Lord Anthony
Funny Little Frog
Piazza, New York Catcher
I Don't Love Anyone
I Didn't See It Coming
The Boy With The Arab Strap
Legal Man
Judy and the Dream of Hourses

Encore
Get Me Away from Here, I'm Dying


The set was only 90 minutes but we could have listened for so much longer.  I don't know if they would have played any more but they ended after only one encore song because of the Merriweather noise restrictions.  


They invited members of the audience to dance on stage for The Boy With The Arab Strap and they stayed up there for Legal Man.  If Phor wasn't broken with her twisted ankle, I would have gone up.  We were close enough this year.

I love this band so much.  They fight for room on my iPhone with Radiohead and Sufjan.  I recommend any of the songs they played if you've never had the pleasure of hearing them.

No comments:

Post a Comment