16 December 2012

NYC Christmas Lights

I'm grateful for the peace and comfort we receive from our friends, family and faith.  The smells, sites, and traditions of Christmas remind me of the love I have in my life from all of these things. 

Last Friday I was able to continue one of my more recent traditions with visiting Bergdorf's windows and the tree at Rockefeller Plaza.  The windows are spectacular.







I tried to get closer to the tree but the crowds were killing me so I went in from the side and was satisfied with the photo I was able to get.

I was trying to get through quickly so I could get to the MOMA to visit The Scream by Edvard Munch.  It was hot and crowded in the museum but it was worth it to see this masterpiece. I never realized the beauty of the colors and it is powerful.



I also really liked his other works.  The one above is of his sister who was suffering from TB and the one below is called The Vampyr.


I then raced down to Brooklyn to meet with Suvi and Paul at Reynard in Williamsburg.  I wish I had taken a photo of them.  It was very dark in the restaurant but incredibly cozy.  Our only light was from the kitchen with this incredible wood burning fire.

I was still full from M. Wells but I had a lovely squash soup with a side of brussel sprouts.  All of us were really pleased with our dinners. 


And before we left, I made sure to visit the rooftop.  It was a foggy night but you can see Manhattan in the distant.


No comments:

Post a Comment