15 December 2012

M. Wells Dinette

I was already planning on what to do when I visited NYC before I even moved to DC.  On the top of the list was visiting M. Wells Dinette at MoMA PS1 because it opened after I moved.  I visited M. Wells at their previous location twice in 2011, loved it and knew I would love eating in their new location.

Things changed beyond the location but it was still recognizable for having very good food. I wished I had taken a photo of the interior because it now looks more like a classroom. 



I let Brig order because he has an amazing memory for what we've eaten of their food during our previous visits.  The menu has changed  but a few dishes remain the same and I wanted to try the new items.


The broccoli ceasar salad.  All of these dishes are about 2x larger than you would think.  


I asked Brig for a photo and he posed (above).  But then I posed him (below).  He was not very comfortable sitting rest next to me.  Not because it was me but because he prefers sitting across from his dining companions. 



The Bi Bim Bap with tuna tartare and clams.  Delicious.  I had no idea what to expect and I would order it again.


And this was the Super Happy Pork Chop with sauteed onions and apples.  This cut of meat was the size of a child's head but it was all gone by the end of the meal.  It was incredible.


Our view.


I was excited for dessert because banana cream pie was one of our choices.  I don't like to repeat but my first time eating the pie at their old restaurant left a lasting impression.  This was not the same.  It was ok but I know it can be better.

No comments:

Post a Comment