04 August 2013

The Audience

I had one of those moments when I opened an email from the Shakespeare Theater advertising upcoming events and thought that I would finally try something new.  The theater was showing a telecast of the play "The Audience" which stars Helen Mirren as Queen Elizabeth II. I have seen telecasts of operas advertised in the past but I thought it was comparable to watching sports on TV which I prefer seeing live.  I was wrong and it was worth it. I don't know when I will ever see Helen Mirren on the stage and this was brilliant even if I wasn't in the same room with her.


There are showings still happening and I highly advise finding one near you. I'm sure you can find reviews online but I shouldn't have to say anything beyond Helen Mirren.

There are a couple of other plays that will be telecasted in the near future and one that I already have tickets for is an encore performance of "Frankenstein"with Benedict Cumberbatch and Jonny Lee Miller.  I'm excited to see performances I would not have been able to see otherwise.

No comments:

Post a Comment