02 August 2013

Dolly Parton Country

I originally was pushing for us to go to Dollywood because the opportunity really doesn't come along all too often for me.  But we kept driving past Pigeon Fork and Dolly's birthplace to go on an 8 mile hike through the Smoky Mountains to the Ramsey Cascades.  It's advertised as a strenuous hike and it took us a few hours but it wasn't like hiking through the Canyonlands.  It's a climb through old gorgeous growth forests to a beautiful water fall.



I took a video not posted here of the falls to get the whole experience below the gorgeous blue sky but you'll just have to believe me that it was all pretty spectacular and worth the hike.

We went directly from there to Sweet P's BBQ which was exactly what I wanted.  The pork was perfect and the sides of mac & cheese and banana pudding exceeded expectations. We then took our sweaty selves to see Man of Steel.  It all made sense at the time.


I will return to explore more of Dolly country but I was super happy with our adventure.

No comments:

Post a Comment