16 December 2011

One of the Coolest Places in the USA And Where I Found My Perfect Robe

I love Portland OR.  I visited when I was young with the family but our trips were restricted to Beaverton or Milwaukee.  I went back last year with a good friend and saw things like -


the Japanese Garden and


Multnomah Falls. 


And ate things here.  It was a whirlwind weekend with so much to do and not a lot of time but I felt like I saw the touristy things in Portland.

But I returned this year after my trip to Maine.  I even had a crazy experience getting from Portland, Maine to Portland, OR which involved a crazy storm, a $200 taxi ride to Boston, and Jet Blue employees who guaranteed a life long love for that airline.  I arrived in Portland around midnight and checked in at the Ace Hotel.


I heard so much about this hotel and thought "ok" when I arrived in the lobby.  But it was walking into my room that gave me chills (the good kind).


This was all I needed to see.  But then I saw the record player with albums and a dream shower and a robe that was the robe I've been looking for my entire adult life.  I used to search for softness thinking cashmere was the best but then I realized that wasn't what I wanted.  It was when I saw a robe that was like a perfect sweatshirt that I knew I had found the one.


It's made by Wings + Horn.  I bought it and when I wear this robe, it is with a sense of complete satisfaction.  I found the perfect robe at one of my favorite hotels. 

Other things I like in Portland -

Tasty n Sons  - my friend swore it was the best hamburger that he had ever eaten.  I loved the griddled bacon wrapped dates and the Moroccan Chicken Hash.  This is a restaurant where I want to try every single thing on the menu.

Little Bird Bistro - I ate alone at the bar and was completely content with the food and the bartender.

Cacao - an amazing chocolate shop where the owner and I chatted about chocolate for an hour.  He gave me lots of tastings and I was able to learn so much about chocolate - how it's made and different US makers. 

Canoe - a store full of things I want to buy like Heath ceramics and this coat rack.


No comments:

Post a Comment