15 October 2012

It's A Beautiful Day In This Neighborhood


These are the buildings that I pass on my way to work.



This is the Sixth & I Historic Synagogue where I've seen a few good concerts.


The National Portrait Gallery which resembles a lot of other big white buildings in DC.  Like the church below.






The DC Chinatown which really isn't a Chinatown like the one in NYC.  There are a couple of Chinese restaurants but it's mostly become a neighborhood full of Fuddruckers-type restaurants and Bed Bath & Beyond.


But the exciting discovery was the Go-Go Lounge only a block from my building.  I left my apartment around 6 am one morning and saw a very "lady of the night" dressed woman walking by.  One of my co-workers told me about this place and it all made sense where she was coming from. 



No comments:

Post a Comment