26 August 2014

France Adventure Day 10: A Day in Paris

I loved my last day in France spent in Paris.


I kept hearing about Frenchie as the "it" restaurant in Paris.  We hadn't made reservations so we ate breakfast at the To Go option next door and it was probably really delicious but I can't abide ketchup on my egg sandwich.  I was disappointed.


But then the Marais...




The exterior of the Musée Carnavalet which is a museum dedicated to the history of Paris.  I remember walking by this museum multiple times in previous trips to Paris and I thought nothing of it. Many friends recommended it to me for this trip and now it is one of my favorites.






We shopped, walked around and ate lunch at Rose Bakery.




The courtyard of the Musée Carnavalet.




There was so much to see and so much to admire.  For example, this is a reconstruction of the bedroom, with the original furniture, of where Marcel Proust wrote his book.



I loved the art deco style.


A royal cradle.

 


The Place des Vosges and in the far corner is Victor Hugo's house.


Victor Hugo's bedroom.  The house is rather disappointing as it's a recreation of rooms that existed in Hugo's houses throughout his life.



Dinner was at L'as du Fallafel.  This place is legendary as being the best fallafel house in Paris.



Beautiful Swiss ice cream.  We ate our cones walking toward the Hôtel de Ville and beyond to the Seine at the perfect time to see the sunset.






No comments:

Post a Comment