25 November 2012

The Master of Nightmares

When I heard about the Stanley Kubrick exhibit at the Los Angeles County Museum of Art (LACMA), I thought maybe.  But I knew that I was going to the museum already so I decided to pay extra for the exhibit.  And it was worth it.

I have only seen a few of his films.  The Shining scares me like no other film and I love the humor in Dr. Strangelove.  I especially love that I saw the latter film in my Sophomore year World History class.

The exhibit was incredible showing different props from each of his films, scripts, personal notes, and scenes from the films to show his extensive work.

I walked into the Shining room and freaked out seeing these dresses.




Jack's typewriter.



Even the fetus from 2001 was eerily creepy.  Kubrick did creepy really well.


This was a diorama from a scene in 2001.

Then on to other parts of the LACMA.



This was an incredible city created from bits and pieces.


And the Serra was one of the last rooms I entered.





This is the very heavy rock which caused a scene in LA as it journeyed to the museum.

No comments:

Post a Comment