02 June 2013

Ramps + Table

It's embarrassing how long ago this dinner happened but it is still worthy enough to document.  Dana and I went to Table about a month ago on a pretty perfect spring evening.  The restaurant is in a building that used to be something that needed a garage door and this was one of those nights when the door was open.  It also has a roof deck which has opened since we were there but I've heard great things about it. 


We were seated right by the chef's station and saw all of the main dishes going out to the tables.  I asked a few questions specifically if there were any ramps on the menu which there was but it was paired with octopus.  I wasn't super excited for the pairing but after being promised that it wasn't rubbery, I ordered it.


Ramps are in season for such a short time so I knew I had to suck it up and order the dish.  It was probably one of the best octopus dishes I've had but it's not something I typically order.


I followed it with a nice bass.  I love the colors in both the dishes.


No comments:

Post a Comment