04 January 2013

Toki Underground

I've been hearing about this place since before I returned to DC.  It's been written up in all the best of places and the long waits are documented well.  Phor has gone a couple of times already and both waits exceeded two hours.  We met up there tonight at 6:45 and it was still hard for me to hear that there was a 2 hour wait for a table.  Neither of us wanting to sit at a bar for two hours so we decided to order the food to go.  We both ordered the Toki Classic which comes with pulled pork, some veggies, soft egg, red pickled ginger, sesame, scallions and nori and were told it would take 20 minutes.  It took 45 minutes and I was really ready to eat.


The space is small but I just think they need to open a second restaurant close to Penn Quarter.


There are no pictures of the food because as soon as we shut the door, the food was poured into bowls and eaten.  I was pleased and even moreso that I live pretty close so take out it is.

We also watched Men in Black 3 and I recommend it.  I didn't think I would but it's really good.  Kind of a perfect night.

No comments:

Post a Comment