30 March 2012

Sunday Afternoon Walk Along the South Bank

I love the Tate Modern.  And for this reason, I return every time I'm in London.  I was disappointed this visit since it was in between exhibits in the Turbine Hall.  This time though Ben and I wandered through the place without any pressure to see anything in particular.


The view of Tate from the Millennium Bridge.  It was one of those overcast days in London where I couldn't help that the sun was obscuring the view.


A view of St. Paul's Cathedral from one of the gallerys.


One of the only pictures I took of the actual art work but I really liked this piece.  The red was very soothing which I know is not typical of the color red.

We left the museum and walked along the South Bank.  It sprinkled on us a little bit but it was still a nice day for London.


What appears to be a very sad statute of an octopus.  Sad because it lost some of its arms.


Sir Laurence Olivier in front of the National Theater.  I had just watched My Week With Marilyn on the plane so Olivier was in my thoughts.


A view of the London Eye.  I have a distinct memory of buying tickets for this during a previous trip but I can't remember actually being on it.


Ben taking a picture of Big Ben.  I couldn't help taking it.


We crossed Lambeth Bridge and passed Westminster where we ran into Cromwell.


I really like this memorial for Women in World War II and the red bus in the photo.


We ended up close to Charing Cross at a pub and drank drinks appropriate for a cloudy day.

And now my hotel room.  I checked in Sunday night and stayed in a Best Western.  I was very disappointed to be staying in a Best Western but it was a 5 Star hotel and it appeared to be nice. 


It only became not so nice when I was woken up one morning at 6:30 am by water and sewage pouring out onto the floor from the sink drain.  It was an ordeal moving into another room and also convincing the hotel that they needed to buy me a new hairbrush since mine had been contaminated.  I do not recommend this hotel.

No comments:

Post a Comment