30 January 2012

Franny's in Brooklyn

I walked into Castor & Pollux in the West Village close to 3 years ago and met the very lovely owner.  On her recommendation, I went to Franny's in Brooklyn with Brigham and Hillary during the summer of 2009.  I remember eating outside and enjoying the lovely evening.  We finished off the night seeing a pseudo-Smiths band at the Bell House with Nick and Chateau.  It was a classic evening.

And I knew I needed to return to Franny's to taste the pizza again.  I met up with Suvi and Jess last Monday night and barely waited for a table.

Suvi and I split the wood-roasted pork sausage with sweet potatoes but the picture just did not look right enough to post.  The pizzas were as good as I remembered. My co-diners couldn't wait for the pictures to be taken before eating.


Suvi and I shared the tomato, mozzarella and sausage.


Jess ate the extra virgin olive oil and sea salt.

I won't compare it to Roberta's because they are different from one another but both are good in their own way.

No comments:

Post a Comment