23 January 2012

Banana Walnut Pancakes That Made Trish Cry

Trish and I decided to grab food on Saturday.  It was later in the day and I mentioned the possibility of Clinton Street Baking Co. only because I thought the line would not be long. Typically it can be a 90 minute wait if you're lucky.  It was also snowing and sometimes New Yorkers like to stay inside on those kind of days. Trish had never been so we decided to meet there.  I hadn't been since Spring 2009 but it still a place I think about on a semi-regular basis. 

Trish arrived before me and put our name on the list.  She had the horrible experience of having to wait for me in a semi-empty restaurant while watching every table become occupied because I was late.  She was also hungry.  The restaurant also has this absurd practice of letting people put their names on the list but then letting them leave for an hour but getting the first table when they return.  We saw everyone and their baby get seated before us even though we were standing there for 45 minutes.

By the time we sat down we knew exactly what we wanted.  When the food came, we barely spoke.  We just enjoyed. 


Trish ate eggs benedict which is so much better than typical eggs benedict because of the buttermilk biscuits cradling the ham and eggs.


I had the buttermilk biscuit sandwich with eggs, cheddar cheese, homemade tomato jam (it's like salsa but better) and bacon.


And these are the banana walnut pancakes with warm maple syrup that tasted more like caramel sauce.  Trish cried when she had her first bite.  These pancakes are worth dreaming about.  We already have plans to return and they serve pancakes all day long.


And I asked for the raspberry jam.  This is jam that is the perfect combination between sugar and fruit.  I put it on everything.

We ended the outing by going to see Haywire.  The pancakes were so much better than the movie.

1 comment:

  1. I still vividly remember the maple butter syrup.

    So glad you could enjoy it again!

    ReplyDelete