20 May 2014

Magnolia Blossoms and Cry Babies

A few weeks ago, Phor and I took advantage again of a perfect Spring day to visit the National Arboretum.  We were both surprised to find the magnolia trees blossoming.


I love the color combination of deep pink and bright blue.



I told Phor to pose in her best Mom-pose.


We wanted to find a place to eat with outdoor seating and decided on Room 11 in Columbia Heights which is where I also saw this awesome sign on a local church.



I sunk into the house salad and we split the pulled pork sammy (which was my favorite) and the grilled Korean short ribs.  



It's a lovely place to sit out on the patio and enjoy what's left of the sunlight.


I then found a showing of Captain America: The Winter Soldier and we raced to the theater out in Virginia.  I really liked the movie but I also loved catching this guy posing with his own paraphernalia in front of the movie poster.


No comments:

Post a Comment