20 April 2014

Happy Easter!

There are so many reasons to be grateful for this time of the year.  One of those reasons being that it is an especially beautiful spring and I'm trying to be outside as much as possible.

Phor and I went to Dumbarton Oaks yesterday which is one of those places that I should have visited within my first 2 years of living in DC.  Visiting the gardens are tricky though because they are only open from 2 - 6 pm daily. You can read more about the history of the home and garden here but I was going strictly for the garden.

It's a large and beautiful garden.  I took so many photos but it's because I'm so excited for Spring.


There are so many gorgeous walkways leading to cool gates and to other parts of the garden.



I couldn't believe how many different shades of green that were in this view.


Pan is telling us which way to go.




The tulips are blooming and I love the colors that they chose.



I look one way to see this view and turn the other to see something equally as beautiful.



A memorial to the original owners of the home - Robert and Mildred Bliss.  I love the initials at the top of the gate.



One of the very colorful murals around the pool.




Phor loving the crabapple tree blossoms.


The back of the house.  The lawn went on forever.




The front of the house.  I could not fit it all in one photo.



I loved this delicate pointy tulips.

I hope you are all able to enjoy this incredible day and have the opportunity to ponder on what it means to you whether it be about Christ, the Passover, or the beauty of Spring.

No comments:

Post a Comment