17 April 2014

Carrot Cake

I'm in the midst of compiling my Mom's recipes for a book for the family.  It's taken a few months figuring out what recipes to include and how to create the book.  But Mom did the hard work of typing all of them out and now I'm feeling the pressure to make sure the book is as special as the recipes.

We had a going away at work recently and the goer away told me that she loves carrot cake.  I remembered seeing this recipe while editing and decided it would be a perfect dessert. 

The photo doesn't come close to capturing how good this cake really is.  I've had quite a few friends tell me that they don't typically like carrot cake but they like this cake. (They may have said this out of kindness but I still think it's pretty delicious).  I thought it was a good recipe to post possibly for Easter dinner this Sunday.


Carrot Cake

1 ½ cups oil

2 cups sugar

2 cups flour

2 teaspoons cinnamon

2 teaspoons baking soda

1/2 teaspoon salt

3 cups shredded carrots

4 eggs

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.



Mix sugar and oil.  Add sifted dry ingredients and carrots.  Add eggs one at a time, beat well after each egg.  Bake in two 9 inch pans, a 9x13 inch pan or a bundt pan for 35 to 40 minutes. 

Can add 1/2 cup nuts in cake and 1/2 cup in icing.  I usually just sprinkle some on the top.



Icing


8 ounces cream cheese, softened

1/2 cup butter, softened

1 box powdered sugar

No comments:

Post a Comment