31 March 2013

A Perfect Birthday

This month has flown by.  I don't know why I haven't been in the mood to blog but it's been a nice time to hibernate.  Spring finally arrived in DC yesterday which makes me so happy.  I can't wait for the cherry blossoms to bloom in the coming days.

This post though is about my time in NYC when I had a pretty to close to perfect birthday.  I did all the things that I love to do.

I don't remember ever having a snowy birthday but I loved it.  It didn't really snow in DC this winter and I missed it.  I wasn't wear the right shoes which made me walk very carefully as I wasn't in a mood to fall but I still loved having snow falling on my head all day.


I headed straight to Buvette to drink the hot chocolate and eat a poached egg with lentils.  This place is a given whenever I'm in NYC.



And I stopped by Sockerbit right around the corner for an assortment of licorice, chocolate and sour candies.


I traveled up to the Upper East Side to the Met to see Matisse and also the Impressionism, Fashion and Modernity exhibit.  I had no idea how impressed I would be with seeing examples of or sometimes the actual clothing in the paintings.


I love Giacometti and I wasn't allowed to take photos in the other exhibits.


I ate one of my birthday treats at the Dominique Ansel Bakery in Soho.  It involves lots of caramel and hazelnut.


I went shopping in Soho and stopped at the Steven Alan shop in Tribeca which I love so much.  Across the street is this great market with flowers, nunu chocolates, ice cream, a butcher and a bar/restaurant.  I stopped in for a quick snack and found this ice cream which is my new favorite.



And then I traveled to Queens to eat at Sripraphai with people I love.  Trish knows what I love with her gift.




I dream of this food when people ask me what is good Thai in DC.



No comments:

Post a Comment