28 February 2013

High Tea


I wanted to spend time with Karen pre-baby arriving and she thought of the lovely idea of going to afternoon tea somewhere in DC.  She also knows me well enough to choose a location that is better known for its sweets than its tea.  We met up at the Mandarin Oriental which had a really nice selection of desserts.  

There is something very romantic about high tea or maybe it's because I associate it with the British and their traditions.  I have some really nice memories of afternoon tea in the Pump Room in Bath or in various locations in London.  I probably make a bigger deal out of it being an American but it's a really nice way to spend an afternoon with friends.


The lighting was not the best for photos but I did get this one of Karen.  I'm hoping we will make it out for our annual birthday dinner before the baby is born.



It's nice to do the unexpected sometimes.

No comments:

Post a Comment