18 February 2013

Galentine's Day 2013

This is a tradition that I never want to end.  I know there are lots of ways to celebrate the day but I like that mine involves lots of food and hours of chatting.  We also didn't celebrate it this year on the official day (13 Feb) but I like doing it on a Saturday so we can take the time to eat and not be rushed.

I like having an opportunity to pull out the fine linens and champagne glasses.


As a gift for all the girls, I found these cute containers for the girls to fill with chocolate and the best brownies I've ever eaten.


I went all Smitten Kitchen for the menu including this potato, scallion and feta frittata found in the cookbook.


I also made her crème brûlée french toast with blackberries. 


Anne brought amazing salted caramel pumpkin bread to round out meal.  Everything was delicious and there were no leftovers. 


The invited and the necessary pink drink.



We finished the meal with a very real sugar rush.


I kind of wish galentine's day came around more often.


2 comments:

  1. The best Galentine's Day evah! Cheers and xos to the hostess with the mostess.

    ReplyDelete