04 January 2015

Summer Colors


I'm still catching up from earlier this year.  It's fun to look through photos and remember the summer without reliving the heat.

The Corcoran Gallery of Art was the oldest and largest non-federal art museum in DC.   It was right around the corner from my freshmen dorm and I loved being in a city where I lived in such proximity to art.  It was a big change from small town USA.  The museum was sold this past year to GWU and the National Art Gallery and the institution will no longer be the same.  I made an effort to visit before it closed and I had forgotten the wealth that was in their permanent collection.  I'm curious to see how it will look in the future.





I still contend that the best tacos in DC are in Northern Virginia at Taco Bamba.  I have yet to be proven wrong.


So happy that Osteria Morini opened in DC.  I went with Jen for brunch and we both left very happy.


Restaurant week in August - I had forgotten about this but I did really like the food.  I'm craving the food from summer now that I have months until I'll eat corn and fava beans again.




Bishop Allen always makes me happy.  They released a new album earlier this year.  Such good indie pop music.

1 comment: