The salad we ate and the recipe differs a little because of the winter/early spring vegetables that were available in March. I highly recommend it with sweet potatoes instead of the tomatoes. I think other vegetables would be equally delicious.
- 1 cup farro
- 1 cup apple cider
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt, more as needed
- 2 bay leaves
- 8 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese, shaved with a vegetable peeler
- 1/2 cup chopped pistachio nuts
- 2 cups arugula leaves
- 1 cup parsley or basil leaves, torn
- 1 cup mint leaves
- ¾ cup halved cherry or grape tomatoes
- ⅓ cup thinly sliced radish
- Maldon or other flaky sea salt, for finishing
In a salad bowl, whisk together olive oil, lemon juice and a pinch of salt. Add farro, cheese and pistachio nuts and mix well. This salad base will keep for up to 4 hours at room temperature or overnight in the refrigerator (bring to room temperature before serving). Just before serving, fold in arugula, herbs, tomatoes, radish and flaky salt to taste.