09 June 2014

Baltimore Food Adventures

I read about Emporiyum a few months ago.  It's a food festival in Baltimore and I assume that it will be an annual gathering but this was the first time.  Phor and I went up in the morning and made a day of it in Baltimore. It had been years since I'd last been and I wanted to check out some of the non-touristy areas.

There were a couple of big name restaurants that first convinced me to attend the festival but those booths were either too crowded or their offering was not that special.



These caramels at Mouth Party were some of the most delicious caramels that I've had.  And the workers were encouraging us to eat as much as we wanted.  Phor and I bought a bag to split and I ate all of mine way too quickly.  Most of these companies are Baltimore based but there were a few from other cities.


Lots of cool signage to remind you where you were.





Bryan Voltaggio was there but the line for his crab cake sandwich was far too long to make it worth it.


I loved this cute candy company from Portland - Quin.  I had read about it in the NY Times and it was exciting to see them in person.



The festival was in a large ballroom across from the Domino Sugar factory.

It was one of those gorgeous spring days and we went to the Arboretum for a short trip.  We saw lots of daffodils.



We then made our way to Hampden - a cool neighborhood with lots of restaurants and shops that I like to peruse.


We stopped at The Food Market to eat dinner kind of based on Hannah's comments about the pretzels and beer-cheese fondue.  These were alone worth the stop there.




The rest of the food was pretty good and I liked the Baltimore Club which is a normal club with the addition of crab cake.


I was really happy with dessert though.  I can't remember what it was any more but I was happy with it.  It was a crazy food day but a nice way to explore more of Baltimore.  I would love to know why Fells Point smells of like bread.  We walked around trying to find the source and couldn't not.


No comments:

Post a Comment