30 November 2013

A Masonic Temple That Blew Away My Expectations

It is taking me far too long to post all of my Philadelphia photos but I think it was this post that was intimidating me.  After our trip to Poe's house, we headed to the center of town to the Masonic Temple.  I had no idea about this place but a friend told Jenica and we put it on the list. 

There are a lot of photos because there are 8 different rooms - each with a different theme - that are incredible.  This is the one of the largest and most elaborate temples around the world. 




We waited in the library before the tour started and Jenica knows me well enough to point out this important fact about candy corn.  Thank you George for your contribution to society.




This first room reminded me so much of Alcazar when I walked in and that was the inspiration for the designers.  You get the idea that each room has the altar and throne-like area.



I was giddy when I saw the members of The Masonic Motorcycle Club.  I tried to get a better photo of the back of their coats but no luck.  I can't help but picture Sons of Anarchy in my head whenever I see a motorcycle club though I know that is not the same here.


Every single room and hallway was elaborate with detail.


Paul posing for me.




It was in the third room that I started trying to take group photos but Jared would never smile.  He couldn't shake off the feeling from Poe's house.




And there was a lot of time when this was the view I had.  I started finding this very funny.






Benjamin Franklin was a Mason.  They also mentioned Joseph Smith as a Mason during the run down of famous American members.







The temple is right across the street from Philadelphia City Hall and blends well in the city landscape.


No comments:

Post a Comment