07 April 2013

The DC Celebration: Last of the 2013 Birthday

I feel like my birthday happened ages ago but it's just taking me a while to post about it.  This should be the last post but you can now tell that I like to spread out the good times as much as possible as it gives me good excuses to spend time with friends.

My favorite thing to do for my birthday is to throw a dinner party and spend time around the table laughing and telling stories.  This one did not disappoint. 

Apologies for the low light but that was the mood of the night. 


I made Mushroom Bourguignon with portobellos and it was perfect.  I didn't miss the beef at all.  The asparagus was a little soggy because I didn't judge the cooking times very well.  The water for the egg noodles took forever to boil.




I finished the meal with a grapefruit olive oil cake.  I love olive oil cakes and this one was delicious.  I served it with broken bits of good chocolate.


We all left very full and tired from laughing so hard.

No comments:

Post a Comment